Last Updated: 2014/09/16
International Transfers Information collected on this Website may be stored and processed in Hong Kong or other countries in which BisouMargaux or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities; by using this Website and providing personal information to us, you consent to any such transfer of information outside your country. Please be advised that personal information may be made available, without your knowledge, to the Hong Kong government or its agencies, or governments or their agencies in other countries where we or our service providers store or process personal information under a lawful order in that country.
Collection and Use of Information
General In general, you can browse our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. At various times, you may decide to provide us with your personal information. You should know that we may store all personal information (whether written or oral) that you provide to us through whatever means you provide it (e.g., via our Website, e-mail, by telephone). Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including but not limited to a first and last name, home, billing or other physical address, email address as well as any information associated with the foregoing. In addition to your contact information, we may collect information about your purchases, billing address, shipping address, credit card, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests, phone number or other contact information. We may combine the information you provide to us over time with information that is publicly available, collected through data collection devices, and received from our partners, affiliates and other third parties.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Facilitate your purchases and provide services you request
- Confirm and track your order
- Respond to your inquiries and requests
- Compare and review your personal information for errors and omissions
- Prevent and detect fraud or abuse
- Improve our Website, service, product offerings, marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior
- Contact you via email, postal mail or telephone regarding products and services that BisouMargaux or our partners believe may be of interest to you
Personal Information We May Share with Others
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with trusted partners.
- Service Providers: We use trusted third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf including: shipping, payment processing, data storage/management, Web hosting, Web analytics, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, and emailing. These service providers receive personal information only if such information is needed to perform their function(s); they are not authorized to use any personal information for any purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by BisouMargaux.
- Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event (e.g., a promotion, contest, sweepstakes), BisouMargaux may share your personal information with organizations participating in the applicable event. Unless we tell you otherwise in connection with a special event, these third parties will not use your information for any purpose other than to manage the event. We may authorize trusted partners to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Partners: BisouMargaux may provide information to carefully selected partners. In such cases, we may share and/or cross-reference information, including personal information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you, such as financing services for purchasing BisouMargaux products.
- Compliance with Law and Fraud Prevention: You authorize us to use and disclose any information, including personal information:
- (1) when we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities or fraud, potential threats to the physical safety of any person or as otherwise required by law;
- (3) to other companies and organizations for credit fraud prevention and risk reduction; and
- (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
- Business Transfer: Your personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which personal information would be considered a business asset of BisouMargaux.
Anonymous Information We may create anonymous records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use these records for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns, in order to enhance our services; we also reserve the right to use and disclose any information in such records in our sole discretion.
Comments We value your comments, feedback, and testimonials and use them to help us improve our Website, products, and services. By making such submissions, you assign your rights in the submissions to us as described in “Submissions” in our Terms and Conditions.
Other Uses of Your Information
IP Address When you visit our Website, BisouMargaux collects your IP address to, among other things, help diagnose problems with its server, administer and tune the operation of its Website, analyze trends, track traffic patterns, gather demographic information for aggregate use, and track the date and duration of each session on our Website. Your IP address may also be used in combination with your personal information to prevent fraud or abuse, customize your shopping experience, improve our Website, customer service, products, and promotional efforts, and to understand your preferences, patterns and interests.
Data Collection Devices, such as Cookies and Web Beacons In some instances, BisouMargaux may collect data through cookies, Web logs, Web beacons (also known as pixel gifs or action tags) and other monitoring technologies to enhance your browsing and shopping experience on our Website. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive to collect information about your activities on our Website. Web beacons are small strings of code placed on a Web page or within an email for the purpose of transferring information.
Children Under Age 11
BisouMargaux does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 11. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 11, we will delete that data from our systems.
BisouMargaux is committed to the protection of the personally identifiable information you share with us. We utilize a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational procedures to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transfer sensitive personal information (e.g., credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. While we strive to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
If the personally identifiable information BisouMargaux has gathered from you changes or you would like to access, correct, or delete such information, we will gladly provide you access to, correct, or delete (to the extent allowed by law) any personal information we have collected about you. To request access to, view a correction of, or confirm deletion of, your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
Choice/Opt Out Regarding Promotions
We will send you promotions only if you want to receive them.
To opt out of receiving promotions we send you via email, telephone or postal mail, please write to our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for our further handling.
Opting out of receiving promotions does not affect our communications related to your BisouMargaux orders via telephone or email. It also does not affect our use of your non-personally identifiable information.